Codorus Furnace is located along Corodus Creek, about 8 miles northeast of York, Pennsylvania. According to the sign standing in front of it, the furnace was built in 1765 by William Bennet, and is "the oldest remaining landmark of the iron industry in York County". In 1771, James Smith, who later signed the Declaration of Independence, purchased the furnace and continued its operation. It was finally shut down in 1850. Today, a road passes in front of the furnace, between it and the creek. There is a small parking area just off the road. Behind the furnace is a hill. As seen in this shot of the furnace and the sign, the furnace comprises three sections: a short trapezoidal base, a circular stone section tapering upwards, and an upper section made of brick.
In the front of the base, made mostly of stone, is this niche lined with bricks, leading to an inner stone wall.
This is the west side of the furnace, taken after walking slightly uphill. The path to the right leads further up the hill. Note how the upper brick section is very much off-center with respect to the middle circular section.
From further uphill, this is the southern face of approximately the upper half of the furnace. The adjacent road and Codorus Creek are in the lower background.
In this view looking up from the front and east side of the furnace, the upper brick section sticks out from the central stone section.
Here's just a bit of Codorus Creek, across the road from the furnace.
More about Codorus Furnace may be found at Waymarking and the official site of Hellam Township, Pennsylvania.