Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Meems Bottom Covered Bridge

About a mile and a half south of Mount Jackson, Virginia on a side road that connects to U.S. Route 11 is the Meems Bottom covered bridge, which spans the north fork of the Shenandoah River.  A small parking area and a picnic area are just east of the bridge along the side road.  Here's the east end of the bridge.

I walked through the bridge and took a shot of the west end.  I had to be careful, because the road through the bridge is still active.

From the picnic area, I could see the bridge through the trees.  This is the eastern end of its southern side.

Stepping forward just a bit, I got a shot without all those trees in the way.

Finally, I went under the bridge and got a shot of the river, looking northward and downstream.

For more about the Meems Bottom covered bridge, go to Scenic USA, SAH Archipedia and Virginia Is For Lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment