Friday, September 25, 2026

Edge Of The Cedars

As expected, I didn't arrive back in Santa Fe until pretty late last evening.  Thus, I processed my pictures earlier this morning, and now they're "submitted for your approval", as a certain TV host used to say.

My explorations yesterday took me around southeastern Utah.  My first stop was the Edge of the Cedars State Park Museum in the city of Blanding.  The park includes a museum building and ruins that were inhabited by ancestral Pueblo people from around 825 to around 1225 AD.  While waiting to pay my admission fee, I encountered a bunch of people on a Road Scholar tour, including a couple from my adopted home state.  If you walk out the back of the museum, you see the ruins, modern walkways, and an informational display.

The ruins include these rooms.  Note the wooden beams in the wall to the left.

Visitors are allowed to climb down into one of the rooms via a ladder, but are warned to be careful.  Whose shadow could that be, I wonder?

Yes, I went down in there.

Also outside the museum building is this modern sculpture, which includes holes of various shapes to allow sunbeams to be projected onto a nearby surface.

To learn more about Edge of the Cedars, besides the official link above, go to Utah(dot)com, Bluff Utah, Desert USA, Utah Life Elevated and Utah's Adventure Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment