Monday, January 14, 2019

More Travels And Some Stories

While travelling yesterday, I learned about the winter storm which left a bunch of snow in Virginia and Maryland, and was expected to leave a bit more snow, ending this past midnight.  As I started out from my undisclosed location in North Carolina, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the rain and mist I had battled the previous day was no longer present.  Along the way northward, the weather was mainly cloudy with occasional bits of sunshine.  I first noticed snow on the ground near the southern outskirts of Richmond, Virginia.  Thankfully, while the ground was covered with snow from there northward, the interstate was completely clear, and even the back roads were mostly clear, too.

Now that I'm back home, I can rest a bit, but first, here are some things going on:

From Voice Of Europe, President Emmanuel Macron writes a letter to the French public, stressing that they work together.  (I've come to believe that when a politician, regardless of nationality or ideology, says to "work together", it really means "everyone do what I want to be done".)














From Independent Balkan News Agency, the E.U. wants reforms, not snap elections.


From Total Croatia News, six migrants from Albania have been arrested for assaulting police in Zagreb.  (For those like to blame the migrant crisis on western attacks on their homelands, who has been attacking Albania?)








From the (U.K.) Independent, Prime Minister May makes her "last ditch plea".





















No comments:

Post a Comment