Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Knight Pier

After visiting the African Cemetery and Fort West Martello, I walked over to the Key West AIDS Memorial, located about 200 feet from the cemetery.  This panel is part of it.

The memorial includes several other panels, but they mostly don't list any names.  It also includes three rectangles on the ground which list names, of which this is one.  Each surrounds the bases of two light poles.  The black splotches represent the Florida Keys.

The memorial also forms the entrance of the Edward B. Knight Pier.  Here's the view as I started my walk toward the sea.

I got close to the far end of the pier, but the splashing waves, which went through the openings in the far wall, kept me from reaching it.

With my visit complete, I turned around and walked back toward land.

Now that I'm back in my temporary undisclosed location, I can plan for whatever other places I want to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment