Friday, January 5, 2024

Hello From Key West - And Technical Difficulties

I have arrived and settled in at a new location in Key West, Florida after having a nice flight from the Orlando airport.  Unfortunately, my main bag did not make the flight, so my exploration options might be limited for a day or so.  I have some clothes with me, which were in my carry-on bag.  This is an arrangement that I normally make, precisely because of my current situation.  Over the years, I've had similar problems, both in the U.S. and in Europe, which thankfully have been rare.  But let's face it, Murphy's Law never really goes away.  So whatever happens next, I'll keep all youz readers posted.  Again I say, stay tuned.

UPDATE:  After some waiting and a few "What the [bleep] is going on here?" from yours truly, the checked bag has finally arrived.  I received a call from the airport baggage department that my bag had been found, and thought that it would soon arrive at my new undisclosed location.  About an hour and a half after that, I got another call from the man who would actually drive the bag over here.  (Maybe it took that long for the airport personnel to find a driver).  About five minutes after the second call, he and my bag arrived here.  Thus, once again I've been reunited with all my stuff, and travel stories will be told in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment