Thursday, January 11, 2024

Another Walk In Key West

Today I took another walk in downtown Key West.  Again, I rode the shuttle bus from the place where I'm staying.  I walked over to Clinton Square, which is really a triangle between Front, Greene, and Whitehead Streets.  It includes this obelisk, a memorial to Union soldiers who lost their lives in Key West during the Civil War.

As I continued southward on Front Street, it became a pedestrian walkway going through the Truman Annex Park, which includes a fountain.

South of this park, Front Street is again open to vehicles, and extends past President Harry Truman's Little White House.  Here's part of its side that faces Front Street.

As I kept wandering around, I again found myself at the south end of U.S. Route 1.  This art store is on one corner of the intersection were the route ends.

I made a brief visit to Simonton Beach, at the north end of Simonton Street.  The sands on the beach touch the Gulf of Mexico to the right of these rocks.

After I left the beach, I found my way to Mallory Square.  The huge cruise ship I photographed this past Monday was docked where its bow was next to the square.  From here, I could see that her name is Scarlet Lady.


The time to catch the shuttle back to where I'm staying eventually arrived.  Here's a view from the balcony at my temporary undisclosed location.

As you can tell, Key West is a great place for trees, including palm trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment