Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year From Florida

Happy New Year, everyone, from my latest undisclosed location in central Florida.  That's right, I'm back down in the general area that I visited in October of 2022.  Of course, I'll try to explore mostly in places that I did not see back then.

I had the idea that on New Year's Day, not too many people would be traveling, and that my flight might have some empty seats.  Boy, was I wrong.  The plane was totally full, as far as I could tell, but had no problems getting out of Dulles and into Orlando.  The rent-a-car company, which shall remain nameless, had some technical difficulties printing out my contract, which gave me a bit of a delay.  As in 2022, I found that Interstate highway 4 could be congested, but other wise had no time arriving at my resort.  The biggest delay was waiting in line for over a half hour in the resort's lobby behind other visitors before I could get checked in.

But now that I'm here, let me present a few things going on:

From FrontpageMag, stop funding the public advocacy lawyers who fight for so-called "rights for migrants".  (Do these "rights" come with any responsibilities?)

From Townhall, 20 "terrible" predictions for 2024.

From The Washington Free Beacon, Harvard University President Claudine Gay gets six new charges of plagiarism.

From The Federalist, conservative author Russell Kirk warned that without virtue, "democracy" is a dead end.

From American Thinker, junk science about the climate.

From MRCTV, the Biden administration sneaks out some new energy "regulations" over the holiday season.

From NewsBusters, the 10 worst lies by The View in 2023.

From Canada Free Press, are you "undermining our democracy" by disagreeing with a left-winger?

From TeleSUR, Cubans celebrate the 65th anniversary of their descent into communism.

From TCW Defending Freedom, as the Jacobin-era French would say, "Merry Dog Day" and a "Happy Grape Harvest".

From BNN, an imam claims that the Sun is Muslim.  (Can the Moon be Christian and Mars be Buddhist?)

From Gatestone Institute, at least four groups with links to Hamas are reportedly behind marches in London.

From The Stream, the New Year's brew for 2024.

From The Western Journal, according to a study, former President Trump has a better command of language than President Biden does.

From the Daily Mail, former President Trump confirms some sad news about his mother-in-law.  (via The Western Journal)

From The Hill, congresscritter Lauren Boebert (R-Col) blames her decision to switch districts on Hollywood elites such as Barbra Streisand.

And from Not The Bee, when the list of clients of the late Jeffrey Epstein is released, Mr. Bill will be mentioned over 50 times.  (Can I get an "oh nooooo!"?)

No comments:

Post a Comment