Thursday, August 19, 2021

The KS-MO-OK Triple Point

Before heading back into Missouri, I made a stop at the point where Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma meet, marked by a plaque at the end of a short bumpy road near U.S. Highways 166 and 400 and Interstate 44.  From my north-facing viewpoint, everything seen in this picture to the right of the plaque's center point is in Missouri.  Everything to the left and behind it is in Kansas.  Everything to the left and in front of it is in Oklahoma.

About 20 feet to the left of the plaque is this structure, made of rocks and cement.  I don't know what its purpose is.

Before leaving, I took another picture of the plaque, to also show the wooden frame around it.  Like the structure above, the frame has been marked with graffiti.

My visit complete, I headed northward back along the bumpy road that led me to this place, straddling the boundary of Kansas and Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment