Saturday, May 12, 2012

Can You Dig It?

During my most recent vacation, I visited some Indian mounds and historical sites in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.  At one of the sites, Carson Mounds in Mississippi, archaeologists had done some excavating, and marked their findings with various small flags.

The archaeologist in charge of the site said that he was accepting volunteers for this summer's continued digging, but since I live over a thousand miles away, I won't be lending my hand to the project.

This is also a test post, in an effort to become familiar with the picture-posting capabilities of Blogspot.  Left click on the picture, or right click and open it in a new window, to see it in a larger size.

UPDATE:  This post no longer has an embedded picture, but a link thereto.

UPDATE 2:  Due to policy changes at Photobucket, I have had to delete a large number of pictures there.  Thus, I have deleted the link to the Photobucket page and restored the picture by uploading it directly to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment