Sunday, July 19, 2026

Back To Hilton Head Island

I have returned to the area where I visited in early 2019, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, which is pretty close to the south end of the state.  Earlier today, I found a few things that I did not visit seven years ago.  In an area called Shelter Cove, I found the Veterans Memorial, centered around this flagpole and four pylons.

A short walk from the memorial is this metal sculpture, named "Freedom Of Flight".

Another nearby piece of art includes a ball and what reminded me of a sail.  I didn't find out its name.

This statue of a military veteran sits on a memorial bench, with the aforementioned flagpole and pylons in the background.

Shelter Cove Community Park, about a quarter of a mile west of the Veterans Memorial, includes this pavilion for performers.  If you look closely, you can see that its roof has two fans pointing downward.

This nearby body of water is called Broad Creek, but I think that it's really an arm of the Atlantic Ocean.

For more about Shelter Cove, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment