Thursday, August 23, 2018

Forty Things For Thursday

It looks like I may have outdone myself.  If I have counted correctly, here are 40 things going on:





From the Independent, women protest the detention of rights activists in Saudi Arabia, by driving near the Saudi embassy in London.  (I realize that the concept of women driving cars is relatively new to the Saudis.)




From VRT, Belgian police dismantle a migrant trafficking gang.  (I vaguely recall that I have previously said something about migrants not merely migrating, but being trafficked.)









From the Hungary Journal, a Marionite patriarch explains how Hungary helps refugees return home.  (If you read Hungarian, read the story at Magyar Hirlap.)


From Radio Praha, the drought in Europe is expected to decrease the hops crop in the Czech Republic.  (This news is distressing, especially if you like beer.)

From The Slovak Spectator, a Slovak robot wins a special award at the robot Olympics.  (The word "robot" is related Slavic words meaning "work", such as robota in Polish.)




From the Asean Economist, the sentence given a woman for complaining about mosque noise is four times as long as that given to rioters who destroyed 14 Buddhist temples.  (I admit that I'm not familiar with the spelling "Asean".)






From Gatestone Institute, multiculturalism in Britain in July, 2018.





From the New York Post, a woman travelling from Los Angeles to New York is caught with a suitcase containing 1.5 million lethal doses of fentanyl.


No comments:

Post a Comment