Sunday, April 7, 2024

On The Road In Indiana

Today I ventured out of French Lick to see two sites along U.S. 150.  About halfway between Prospect and Paoli, Indiana is the covered bridge known as "The Three Amigos Bridge".  It's along a side road and has no sign on U.S. 150 indicating its presence.  However, you can see the bridge from U.S. 150.  I pulled onto the side road and parked near the bridge.  In this shot from the north, a marker commemorating its namesakes appears in the foreground.

I walked through the bridge and got this shot from its southeast end.  The grey square hides the Bigfootmobile.

The bridge spans Lick Creek, seen here looking southwest from the bridge.

This shot is from the west, with lots of trees in front.

Before leaving, I decided to take a closeup of the marker to the "three amigos".  Sadly, I could not find any information online about who these guys were, or even anything about the bridge other than more pictures of it.

After leaving the bridge, I decide to drive westward to Shoals, Indiana and see Overlook Park.  This park is on the combined highways U.S. 50 and U.S. 150, about a mile and a half west of the center of Shoals.  From a small parking lot and a covered picnic area, a trail leads down toward the East Fork White River.  In this shot, taken from partway down the trail, there are numerous trees and a railroad track.  Part of the river can be seen in the upper background if you look closely.

After taking this shot, I had to perform the business end of the mission, which was hiking back up to the parking lot and the Bigfootmobile.  This was over with soon enough, and I then drove back to my temporary lair in French Lick.

No comments:

Post a Comment