Saturday, April 6, 2024

French Lick Railroad

Now I must disclose my previously undisclosed location.  I'm in French Lick, Indiana, which includes a scenic railroad.  I didn't get to take any rides, but I did see a train at the station.  It also had this old steam locomotive.

On the next track was an active train, which would leave not long afterwards.  You can see a few passengers who haven't yet boarded.

Here's the train from the other side.

I continued walking around the area, and found this (even) old(er) locomotive with two other (very old) cars.

French Lick is also the home town of basketball player Larry Bird.  From GoogleMaps, I located his boyhood house, but it did not seem to be used as a museum or marked in any way, so I decided not to take any photos of it.  I figure that it's probably still a private residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment