Tuesday, April 9, 2024

On The Road Again In Indiana

Today I set out to explore some more of Indiana, and made a return visit to a place where I stopped in about five years ago.  I was driving northward through the town of Orleans and came upon a small unidentified park, which includes this war memorial.

Pretty close to the war memorial is this brick structure which houses an old school bell.

After some wandering and exploration, I found my way back to the Medora Covered Bridge, which I had first visited in June 2019.  (See this blog's archives for that month.)  I decided to take a pic from the east end....

....and from the west end.  You can see Indiana state route 235 to the south side of the bridge.

To learn more about the Medora Covered Bridge, go to Only In Your State, which published an article in November 2022, over three years after my first visit.  Finally, here's something I didn't take any shots of back then, the parking lot just west of the bridge, with a picnic table.

I was surprised to learn that the river over which this bridge runs is the same one seen from Overlook Park near Shoals, the East Fork White River.  Stay tuned for more exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment