Monday, April 3, 2023

Williamsburg, Virginia - Part 2

As I continued my stroll through Virginia's colonial capital, I arrived at its Capitol building, pretty much at the east end of the historical area.  I took this pic from its south-facing side, which included a gate in a surrounding wall.

Near the Capitol is the Secretary's Office.

If you're from or connected in some way to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you might appreciate this store, named after William Pitt.

This large open area, which includes a large tree, is called the Market Square.

According to a plaque, this outdoor theater is at the location where the first theater in the British American colonies once stood.

As I walked back to where I had parked the Bigfootmobile, I passed this old wooden building.  I don't know if it was a barn or maybe a machine shop of some sort.

As I continued walking, I went through these two underpasses, over each of which passes the opposite directions of Virginia route 5.  To the right, outside the pic, are two more underpasses though which the Colonial National Parkway runs.

As you may have figured out by now, my undisclosed location is within driving distance of Williamsburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment