Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Some Sights In Florida - Part 2

Besides the snakes seen in Part 1, the Reptile World Serpentarium also includes a variety of other critters, such as these turtles, which have their own enclosure and pond.  So if you're anything like the zombie kid who said "I like turtles", this is your part of the place.

In a nearby terrestrial enclosure is a tortoise, a member of a land-based division of turtles.

In another enclosure with a pond was Pete the alligator.  It looked here like he was almost totally submerged.

I went back to the turtles and got a shot from a different angle.

Besides reptiles, the serpentarium also had a few birds, such as these yellow-naped parrots.

After I left the serpentarium, I headed westward back to St. Cloud.  Two local residents seem to have been waiting for me.  The body of water behind them is East Lake Tohopekaliga, whose level was recently raised by Hurricane Ian.

I took a short walk along the lakeshore and came to this local park.  The building behind it, I think, is a seafood restaurant.

As the sign indicates, this is the walkway to the Dan Tarrell Memorial Point.  It was closed due to the high water level in the lake, but some more local residents were still hanging around.

With that, I soon got into my rented car and drove back to my undisclosed temporary location.

No comments:

Post a Comment