Tuesday, June 21, 2022

On The Road In Tennessee

On my return trip from Cumberland Gap to Gatlinburg, I stopped in at the Veterans Overlook, along the southbound lanes of U.S. 25E a few miles from the town of Bean Station.  Cherokee Reservoir is in the background.

I took separate shot of Cherokee Reservoir and the surrounding land, with some trees near the overlook in the foreground.

In this closeup of the overlook's memorial, you can see various items left in tribute to veterans and an array of stones shaped like a cross.

Further along toward Gatlinburg, I made a stop in the city of Sevierville to see a statue of a famous musician who was born in the area.  Unfortunately, the sun was at her back.

The statue portrays her with bare feet, but I'm pretty sure that she has had no difficulty affording shoes for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment