Sunday, March 6, 2022

Here Come The Truckers - Part 1

This morning I again set out to find the people's convoy as it headed toward the Washington, D.C. beltway, and was successful.  I found a bridge over Interstate 70 which already had a lot of people on it, a few miles east of the Appalachian Trail bridge where I was yesterday, and luckily found a place to park the Bigfootmobile.  Even more luckily, I seemed to have arrived just before the main group of eastbound Freedom Convoy truckers passed under the bridge.  Here are the people saluting them, with flags flying.

As I approached the bridge to join the crowd, I saw these trucks.

After I found a place on the bridge from which to take pictures, I took one of these two cabs, a pickup flying a flag and pulling a trailer, and lots of cars.

I think that this pickup came from Colorado, if I correctly remember the flag of that state.  The cloudy weather and thus the lower light levels made taking sharp pictures of moving vehicles more difficult.  Please forgive the relative blurriness of this one and maybe of a few others.

This pickup was flying flags and pulling a flatbed trailer, which also had a flag.

This small truck had three flags, including a Gadsden flag with its "don't tread on me" slogan.

A yellow cab flying two flags drives ahead of two other cabs.

An orange and white cab flies two flags and has a front bumper with a mural of a flag and an eagle.

Two more cabs fly American flags.

After taking these shots looking westward from the bridge, I went over to the east side and saw the backsides of several trucks, and a small group of pedestrians on the side of the highway flying their flags.  Doing so next to the highway might not have been the smartest idea.

I took so many pictures that I could not put them all in a single post.  Stand by for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment