Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Wednesday Stuff

I now return to my regularly scheduled blogging, with some things going on:



From Deutsche Welle, 20,000 people march in Munich against the "far-right" and new Bavarian police laws.  (As I might have previously stated, if you want immigration to be limited to finite numbers, and oppose any excuses for migrants who assault women, you're "far-right".)





From RFI, French politician Jean-Marie Le Pen goes on trial for allegedly making homophobic statements.  (He's the father of the above-mentioned Marine Le Pen.)





From El País, descendants of Spanish dictator Francisco Franco demand that he be buried with military honors.  (If that will help ensure that he stays dead, they might get some support.)






From Hürriyet Daily News, Turkey will monitor ship traffic on the Aegean Sea 24/7.  (If I ever return to Kusadasi and Ephesus, they'll see me coming in.)















No comments:

Post a Comment