Sunday, December 11, 2022

Some Pictures From Virginia

Now that I have arrived back in Maryland, I have a few pictures from my recent stay in central Virginia.  Not far from my temporary undisclosed location is Izac Lake, where some people like to fish.  Perhaps they sailed their boat out of a floating dock like this one.

The area one the other side of the lake was mainly wooded, but included some houses, like the one toward the left.

Speaking of boats, in warmer weather, you could probably rent one of these plastic kayaks.

I've seen trios of crosses near interstate highways, but these were along a side road that connects to U.S. Route 33.  Another cross was attached to a tree on the left.

The area also included these signs.

My drive back home took me along Virginia Route 20, which passed through Wilderness Battlefield.  I stopped at one parking area briefly and thought that maybe in the near future, I would have to explore the area because several Civil War battles were fought in that general area.  Like many military historical places I've seen, the place had a cannon.

A path leads from the parking area to this monument to the 140th New York State Volunteers.

I was happy to have found something honoring soldiers from my native state.  After taking this photo, I resumed my trip back home.  But as I mentioned above, I might have to return to the area for a more thorough exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment