Friday, April 30, 2021

Return To Cantwell Cliffs

I did a lot of exploring today, starting with the Cantwell Cliffs area of Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio, which I first visited in June of 2019.  That visit was somewhat spoiled by rainy weather, but today I had no such problem.  I was thus able to see some spots that I had missed two years ago.  One change which had been made since then is that the trails were one-way.  This resulted, in some places, in that I walked in the opposite direction I had two years earlier.  I thus entered the hiking area by going down this cleft between rocks, by which I had left two years ago.  But in any event, I was able to walk through a forest like a sasquatch is supposed to.

After proceeding down the cleft, I got to see a narrow waterfall streaming over a cliff.

I wondered if the downward steps would ever end.

I took this shot looking back down the trail as it went up a side ravine.

In this shot, which features some unintentional special effects, a slim tree leans against a much larger one, in front of a cliff.

I eventually found this shelter along the trail, which I did not encounter two years ago.

I passed this stairway, which I climbed down during my first visit, but this time I stayed on the trail above it.

Soon after the stairway, I passed this cliff, which might have been one of the first places I took note of two years ago.

I finally got back to the parking lot, where once again I took a picture of this picnic shelter.

As I had two years earlier, I used the restroom to change clothes before continuing on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment