Thursday, January 9, 2020

Two Parks In North Carolina

Today I visited two parks, the first being Cliffs of the Neuse State Park, a few miles west of Seven Springs, North Carolina.  This park includes some hiking trails and an overlook above the Neuse River.  Here's a shot from the overlook, looking north and upriver.

A trail from the overlook runs southward and downhill.  From along the riverbank, I got this shot of the Neuse.

The trail also took me past this pond.  As in all these pics I shot, there are trees everywhere.

If you stop in at the visitors center, you might be greeted by this guy.  His kind are pretty common in eastern North Carolina.

After I drove back toward New Bern, I made a brief stop at Lawson Creek Park, which is run by that city.  Near the park's entrance is this Grumman F11A Tiger, a naval jet once used by the Blue Angels.

The park also includes this old hauling machine, which lifted boats out of the water so that they could be inspected.

After visiting this park, I returned to my undisclosed temporary location.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had the place to yourself Bigfoot. Nice! And yes, that's a ton of trees.

    :Holger

    ReplyDelete