Thursday, July 25, 2019

Return To Ricketts Glen

In September 2015, I made a brief stop in Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania, and took a picture of Adams Falls, accessible from a small parking lot on PA-118.  Earlier today, I finally made a return trip and hiked from that same parking lot about 1.5 miles to see several other waterfalls.  Assuming that I have correctly matched the waterfalls which I saw to their names, this is Murray Reynolds Falls.

Continuing upstream and uphill, I came to Sheldon Reynolds Falls.

The next one was Harrison Wright Falls.

After this one, I came to a trail junction and turned right, continuing on to Wyandot Falls.

That last falls I saw was B Reynolds Falls.  Why there are three falls which include "Reynolds" in their names, and why one has only the initial "B", I have no idea.  Note the people toward the right, who are almost beneath the falls.  Yours truly climbed up to the same place.

Here's a side view of B Reynolds Falls, from approximately where those people are in the pic immediately above.

After climbing the trail to the top of B Reynolds Falls, I saw these rapids.

I decided that this was enough for one day and retreated southward toward the Bigfootmobile, parked in the small lot on PA-118.  For more information on Ricketts Glen State Park and its waterfalls, go to Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Pennsylvania State Parks Reservations, Uncovering PA and AllTrails.

No comments:

Post a Comment