Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Back To The Seven Tubs

About three years ago, I stopped in a recreation area near Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania called the Seven Tubs, but did not get to see any of the namesake pools, known as "tubs", because the main parking lot was closed.  A few hours ago, I finally returned to the place, found the parking area open, and took a hike on a trail blazed with yellow markers, which formed a loop about 1.8 miles long.  Soon after setting out, I came across these two waterfalls, separated by what might be one of the tubs.

The woman in the pink pants did not fall in, as far as I know.  (From this angle, I can't really tell if the person is female, but I don't see many dudes wearing pink pants.  But I acknowledge that these days, you never know for sure.)  I continued on to see this short area of rapids between some rocks.

I continued walking and saw more rapids, rocks and trees.

Eventually, as often happens back in Maryland, the trail took me across a power line.

I kept going and eventually found another tub, which was not too far from where I had started the hike.  After that, I was soon back on the road again, searching for an undisclosed location from which to make this post.

For more on the Seven Tubs, go to AllTrails, EastCoastHiker and Uncovering PA.
****
On my way northward, I passed through Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and realized that the Doctor might be around.

In case anyone is wondering, I did not try to see if it was bigger on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment