Wednesday, September 19, 2018

On The Road In Pennsylvania - Part 1

I recently decided to take the new Bigfootmobile out for a spin, northward into Pennsylvania, where I've taken just about every vehicle I've ever owned.  As I've done on other trips, I made a stop at McKee's Half Falls, a rest stop on the northbound side of U.S. 11 and 15.  These two highways run together along the Susquehanna River between Harrisburg and Shamokin Dam.  The half falls is really a set of rapids where the river runs over two roughly parallel rows of rocks.  Here's one of them, but most of the rocks are underwater due to the high level of the river.

At the rest stop, the row of rocks extends on the land above the river.

Continuing northward on U.S. 15, there's an overlook from which Williamsport may be viewed.  Here's part of the city, with the West Branch Susquehanna River in the foreground.

Looking from a different angle, here's the Williamsport airport.

I've stopped at these two places before, and taken similar pictures.  In Part 2, I explore some places that I haven't previously visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment