Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Reality TV Star Gets Ducked

Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the family portrayed on the reality show Duck Dynasty, has been suspended indefinitely from the show after saying some things in an interview with GQ that did not sit well with the head honchos of A&E, the network that broadcasts his show.  Among his comments were:
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.  However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
and
“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong...Sin becomes fine.  Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there.  Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”
Most of this sounds like basic Christianity.  Love God and each other is.  Homosexual behavior, bestiality and "sleeping around" (adultery or fornication) are all sinful.  I guess that truth has indeed become the new hate speech.  Robertson also got rather graphic.
 “It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus.  That’s just me.  I’m just thinking: There’s more there!  She’s got more to offer.  I mean, come on, dudes!  You know what I’m saying?  But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man.  It’s just not logical.”
It looks like Robertson gave us an accurate description of homosexual behavior, and his bosses couldn't take it.

Read the story at Fox News, the Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times and Variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment