Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Music Break

Here are yet some more old favorites of mine.  Starting off is my favorite Tom Petty song, with or without the Heartbreakers (in this case with), Jammin' Me.  Petty wrote the song with Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and some guy from Minnesota named Bob Zimmerman.

I haven't kept up with new rock and roll music since the early 1990's.  The last "new" artist I remember noticing was Sheryl Crow.  A Change Would Do You Good didn't sell as well as some others from her, but it was still my favorite.  Here's the version of the video that did not overlay the song with acting sequences.

Great White had a hit with Once Bitten Twice Shy, written by Ian Hunter after he left Mott The Hoople.  Years later they were victimized by the tragic fire in a Rhode Island night club.

I'm not a huge fan of country, but I like this catchy tune from Mary Chapin Carpenter, Shut Up And Kiss Me.  She gets some help from some talented side musicians and a well-trained golden retriever.

Blue Oyster Cult had some success with Don't Fear The Reaper (which inspired the "more cowbell" skit on Saturday Night Live) and Burnin' For You, but my favorite of theirs is the title song from the Mirrors album.

No comments:

Post a Comment