Friday, August 30, 2013

Arches National Park - Part 2

After visiting the Balanced Rock, the Windows and the Parade of Elephants, I moved on to Delicate Arch.  There are trails leading to two different viewing points for this arch.  I took the upper, more difficult trail, and took this shot of Delicate Arch and some nearby formations.  They all seem to be on top of a ridge.

Tucked in between some huge sandstone boulders is Sand Dune Arch.

Broken Arch is a short distance from Sand Dune Arch.  From this angle, I couldn't tell if there really was any break in its structure.  I later found this website, which includes a picture from the other side.

The last arch I was able to photograph is Skyline Arch.  There are several others that may be reached by trails leading from the north end of park's main road, but I decided that this would be the last one I had time for.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. I want to hike out at Monument Valley some day.

    ReplyDelete