Today I resumed my exploration of Pennsylvania, and also went into Delaware and the northeast corner of Maryland. I started my hike in White Clay Creek Preserve in Pennsylvania, took a trail that leads to the tri-point marker where the three states come together, and returned via another part of the trail that swung into White Clay Creek State Park in Delaware. I also was able to reach the Arc Corner monument, where the boundary between Pennsylvania and Delaware goes from an east-west straight line to a circular arc that reaches the Delaware River. My picture of the Maryland side of the tri-point marker was poorly focused, but you can still see the "M" for Maryland.
My shot from the Pennsylvania side turned out much better. For some reason, the marker has a "P" for Pennsylvania but no "D" for Delaware.
The Delaware portion of the trail, called the Tri-State Marker Trail, included two benches, of which this is one.
A short trail that connects to the Tri-State Marker Trail leads to the Arc Corner and its marker, seen from the (south) Delaware side.
Finally, here's the marker from the (north) Pennsylvania side.
The conditions were hot, humid, and often muddy, but yours truly was able to go complete the intended hike. I saw only one other human, who was starting his run when I had just a short distance to go in order to reach where I parked the Bigfootmobile.
No comments:
Post a Comment