Sunday, July 30, 2023

Music Break

I know that it's been quite a while since I put up a post of this type, so here we go.  Some of these are songs that I've recently run across.  First up is Chi Coltrane, known for the hit Thunder And Lightning, with the defiant song I Will Not Dance.  To my disappointment, the YouTube user who posted this will not allow playback on other sites, so you'll have to click on this link instead.

Here's another lesser-known song from a group that had a better-known big hit.  The Dutch band Shocking Blue was known for the song Venus, but this number is California Here I Come, not to be confused with a famous song with the same title sung almost 100 years ago by Al Jolson.

My favorite song by the glam metal band Warrant is Down Boys, written by lead singer Jani Lane.  According to Wiki, Lane was born with the full name John Kennedy Oswald, thus being named after both JFK and the man who (according to the official story) assassinated him.  Understandably, his middle name was later changed to Patrick.

My favorite song from the recently departed Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor is The Emperor's New Clothes.

To finish, here's another one that shares a title with a more famous song, Move It On Over by Del Shannon, which certainly should not be confused with the Hank Williams song which was covered by George Thorogood.

No comments:

Post a Comment