Wednesday, September 22, 2021

A Short Hike Near Williamsburg

After I arrived in southeastern Virginia yesterday, I had some time to take a hike.  I went to the Greensprings Interpretive Trail a few miles west of Williamsburg, which I had run across in July while visiting the Jamestown and Yorktown areas, but did not have the chance to explore.  The area's main loop took me past some old farm equipment.

Most of the trail looked something like this.

Some of the area was swampy, so a few trails went over wooden bridges, including this junction between two of them.  The main loop went from the left and turned right onto the narrow bridge in the foreground.

As I continued away from the bridge junction, I was passed by numerous young cross country runners, probably students at a high school just north of the trails.  Whether any of the trails are used in meets, I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment