Saturday, April 2, 2022

Music Break

Now that the first quarter of this year is over with, it's about time I posted some music.  To start, here's a song I only recently learned about, I Don't Wanna Know by Julian Lennon, from his 1998 album Photograph Smile.  This tune should not be confused with a Fleetwood Mac song of the same name.

The 1972 debut album Eagles by the Eagles included Nightingale, sung by drummer Don Henley and written by Jackson Browne.  It was also covered by Linda Ronstadt.

In 1969, the Isley Brothers released the album It's Our Thing, which included the song It's Your Thing.  At the time, lead singer Ronald Isley and backup singers O'Kelly Isley Jr. and Rudolph Isley, the group's original members, were joined by their brother Ernie Isley on guitar and bass.  Everett Collins plays drums and percussion.

My favorite solo song by Peter Frampton is It's A Plane Shame, from his 1972 debut album Wind Of Change.

To finish, here's the reason for the "humor" label, St. Caffeine by folk singer John Gorka.  I was introduced to this song by someone I worked with.

No comments:

Post a Comment